Big Blue Thank You Scholarship Fund
The Big Blue Thank You (BBTY) Scholarship Fund Program is dedicated to helping dependents of the men and women of law enforcement who have dedicated their lives to protecting and serving the citizens of Henry County, Georgia to attend and succeed in the educational arena. The purpose of the Big Blue Thank You Scholarship Fund Program is to provide scholarships to deserving high school, technical school, and college students intending to pursue or continuing pursuit of a course of study at an accredited post-secondary educational institution.
For 2021, the BBTY Scholarship Fund will award various scholarships in the amount of $5,000 per scholarship. NOTE: Scholarship funds will be awarded to the student upon evidence of registration in an accredited post-secondary educational institution.
Criteria and eligibility
- Applicant must be a dependent of a current, deceased, or retired employee of the Henry County Sheriff’s Department, Henry County Police Department, McDonough Police Department, Hampton Police Department, Locust Grove Police Department, or the Henry County 9-1-1 Dispatch.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 16 and 26 as of the date of the application submission.
- Applicant must submit a completed application, including supporting documents, on or before the application deadline.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a post-secondary accredited educational institution for the fall of 2021.
- DEADLINE for scholarship applications is April 1, 2021, 5:00 p.m. (no exceptions).
- Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., letter of application, letters of recommendation, essay, etc.) Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If any question does not apply to you in this application, please put N/A in the space.
- Type and print legibly. Illegible applications will not be considered. You may also download a copy of the application online at https://henrycountyrotary.org/ or https://henrycounty.kiwanisone.org/
- You will be notified by email in April regarding the status of your application.
- If you have any questions about the application, please submit to the Scholarship Committee via email at email@example.com
Application Process: Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form (typed preferred, if handwritten, please print legibly)
- Letter of application addressed to the Scholarship Committee. The letter should contain a brief explanation about yourself and your post-secondary educational plans (college/university/technical school, intended major/field of study, and anticipated start date). Letter should not exceed one (1) page.
- Two (2) letters of recommendations from your choice of high school teachers, administrators, counselors, employers, or individual with significant knowledge of applicant’s experience and involvement.
- Personal Essay. Essay must be no more than 2 typed pages, double-spaced, 12 pt / Time New Roman font, 1-inch margins. Essay shall contain no grammatical errors.
- The Scholarship Committee will review all completed and timely submitted applications, from which semi-finalists shall be selected for final interviews before the Scholarship Committee. 6. Scholarship award recipients shall be notified on or before May 1, 2021.
Click the button to download the Big Blue Thank You scholarship application. You can fill out the form using your computer and submit via email as per the instructions above.
Big Blue Scholarship